Yanwei Fu is a tenure-track professor at the School of Data Science, Fudan University, Shanghai China.
He is Professor of Eastern Scholar, Shanghai (上海高校特聘教授 – 东方学者), 1000 young scholar (青千)，and ARC DECRA fellow.
He is interested in the following ML/CV topics (with the corresponding selected papers from my Project page):
1, Learning from small samples by exploring the Statistical sparsity
- Statistical Sparsity: Lasso-type ML methods
- One/Few-shot/Supervised learning by statistical methods
2, Learning based 3D/4D object/body Reconstruction and Robotic Grasping;
- 4D Object Mesh sequence reconstruction from videos/point clouds
- 6DoF Object Pose Estimation Robotic Grasping
3, AIGC, Foundation Models.
- AIGC for 3D models: Foundation to generated 3D pointcloud or meshes of objects
- Mind-Visualization: visualizing fMRI into images
- Foundation models for Image Manipulation and Editing
- RobotGPT: ChatGPT enabling the Robot Tasks
Please use the key words to search the corresponding papers from my Project Pages.
- Jan. 2015 – July 2016, postdoctoral researcher, Disney Research Pittsburgh with Dr. Leon Sigal
- Sep. 2011 – Nov. 2014 PhD in Computer Vision, Queen Mary University of London, with Prof. Tao Xiang (Tony) and Prof. Shaogang Gong (Sean)
- Sep. 2008 – Jun. 2011 Master in Computer Science, Nanjing University with Prof. Yanwen Guo.
Please donot contact me via my QMUL email address, which has been suspended.
关于本组招生：大数据学院科学硕士及直博生是统一招生（而不是分配给导师名额）。所以感兴趣我们组的话，可以直接去申请拿到学院的offer，再联系我即可。申请普博或者Oversea students想来我们组做summer intern的话，可以提前联系我。
- 07/2023 1 IROS 2023 paper, and 7 ICCV 2023 papers accepted
- 06/2023 I will organize CVPR 2023 few-shot learning tutorial: https://fsl-fudan.github.io!
- 05/2023 Chengming Xu, Boyang Jiang, Yuqian Fu, and Qiang Sun passed their PhD Viva. Congratulations!
- 05/2023 One IEEE TPAMI paper accepted – ZITS++
- 01/2023 I will serve as ICML 2023 Area Chair. I guess it may be still challenging, as ML community always likes to make some experiments in exploring a better review process.
- 12/2022 One IEEE TPAMI and one TMLR paper accepted! The TPAMI one about identifying causal features in one-shot learning; TMLR one is about DINO features for MVS, which took the first place in tank and temples Leaderboard , during the past 6 months. We released their codes. This year, our group has 4 accepted IEEE TPAMI papers, 2 accepted TMLR paper.
- 12/2022 Yu Xie, and Pan Li passed their PhD Viva. Congratulations!
- 08/2022 I will organize the tutorial “The Priors Guided Image Editing and Synthesis” with Prof. Shenghua Gao, Mr. Chenjie Cao, and Mr. Qiaole Dong in ACCV 2022, held in Macau SAR, China.
- 07/2022 We organize the 2nd Visual Intelligence Seminar on Few-shot Learning with Online videos
- 07/2022 Our MVSFormer has ranked as Top-1 (since May) on the leaderboard
- 07/2022 Two ACM MM2022 and Three ECCV2022 papers accepted.
- 06/2022 I am a Fellow member of BCS.
- 06/2022 I organized a CVPR 2022 tutorial of “Sparsity Learning in Neural Networks and Robust Statistical Analysis”, jointly with Dr. Xinwei Sun, Prof. Yuan Yao, and Prof. Wotao Yin.
- 05/2022 Three IEEE TPAMI papers accepted.
- 03/2022 I am in the action editor list of Transactions on Machine Learning Research.
- 02/2022 Ten papers accepted to CVPR 2022
- 02/2022 Two papers accepted to ICRA 2022
- 01/2021 We organize the 1st Visual Intelligence Seminar on Few-shot Learning.
- 05/2023 https://m.thepaper.cn/newsDetail_forward_23279276